HP TET Exam will be conducted in the mid of October . These dates are tentative as official dates will be announced soon. The HP TET Exam i.e. the Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test is organised and managed by the Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education every year in order to recruit the teachers in the schools of Himachal Pradesh. All the important details about the HP TET Exam and its eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, important dates, admit card, result etc. have been given below.
HP TET Exam Summary
|Exam Name||HP TET Examination|
|Full Form||Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Authority||Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
HP TET Important Dates
|Online Application Form Starts||1st August – 2 week August|
|Last Date for Submitting Application Form||2nd week of September|
|HP TET Admit Card||29th August|
|HP TET Examination||2nd or 3rd week September|
|HP TET Result||2nd week of October|
|HP TET Counselling||Last week of October|
HP TET Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for an exam refer to the necessary conditions of the exam which must be satisfied by the candidates. These are set by the conducting body of the exam. If a candidate doesn’t satisfy the eligibility conditions, they shall not be allowed to participate in the recruitment process. The eligibility conditions of the HP TET Exam have been given below.
For TGT (Arts):
- Candidates must have passed their senior secondary exam of 12th class with minimum 45% and a degree in B.A./B.Com./Bachelor degree 50% in elementary education.
For TGT (Non-Medical):
- Candidates must have passed their senior secondary exam of 12th class with minimum 50% and a degree in B.Sc./B.Ed./Bachelor degree 50% in elementary education.
For TGT (Medical):
- Candidates must have passed their senior secondary exam of 12th class with minimum 50% and a degree in B.Sc.(medical)/B.Ed./Bachelor degree 50% in elementary education.
- Candidates must have cleared Shastri with minimum 50% marks from a recognised university by HP Govt.
For Hindi Language teacher:
- Candidates must be a B.A. in Hindi or presently appearing in the final year of diploma course 2 years.
For Urdu Language teacher:
- Candidates must be a B.A. in Urdu or presently appearing in the final year of diploma course 2 years.
For Junior basic training:
- Candidates must have passed their senior secondary exam of 12th class with minimum 50% and a degree in Diploma/Bachelor degree 50% in elementary education.
For Punjabi language teacher and Urdu language teacher:
- Candidates must be a B.A. in Punjabi or presently appearing in the final year of diploma course 2 years.
Age Limit of HP TET
The minimum age limit that the candidates need to attain is 21 years as of the examination year.
HP TET Application Form
To take part in the recruitment process, the candidates need to fill the application form of the exam. The application form is to be filled and submitted online before the last date. The link to apply for the exam is also given below. The application forms received after the last date will not be accepted at any cost. The complete procedure to fill the HP TET Application Form has been explained as follows.
- Initially, candidates have to open the official site of the exam using the link given as follows.
- The candidates must fill the opened application form with all the valid details.
- After this, candidates must upload the required documents.
- Then, candidates must submit the application fee via the online mode. The application for candidates of general category is Rs.800 and Rs.500 for all other category candidates.
- Candidates can finally submit the form after the payment of the exam fee.
HP TET Exam Pattern
The following is the exam pattern of HP TET Exam.
The Total number of questions: 150
The Total time allotted: 150 minutes
Minimum marks for qualifying the exam: 60%
|1||Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|2||Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Maths or Science (For Maths and Science Teachers)||60||60|
|Social Science (For Social Science Teacher)||60||60|
HP TET Admit Card
The admit card for the HP TET Exam will be released in the 1st week of October before the exam. This will be a necessary document which must be brought to the exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate is not able to present the HP TET Admit Card at the time of written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test. All the candidates should print their admit card from the official site.
What To Do In Case Admit Card Is Not Found On Website
1. The scheduled date of examination, he/she should inform the Board’s Office with
record of submission of online application form.
2. Some how, if a candidate fails to be in possession of Admit Card before the
commencement of the examination, he/she should meet the Centre Superintendent at
least one hour before the commencement of the examination at the centre with
a print out of the computer generated online last CONFIRMATION PAGE.
3. Any inquiry pertaining to the Admit Card without the print out of the computer
generated CONFIRMATION PAGE and proof of payment of fees will not be
entertained under any circumstances.
HP TET Result
The result for the HP TET Exam will also be declared after a few days of the exam that is around the 2nd week of November . To be HPTET qualified, the candidates have to score equal to or more than 60% marks of the total marks in the exam. The HP TET Result will also be disclosed online only. Candidates will be able to check their result through the link which will be posted here. Passed candidates will be called for personal interview. After the examination, you can check the HP TET Answer Key for the prediction of your performance in the examination.